Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Mighty Paper Clip


What are u doing with your paper clip right now? digging your ear or trying to open a safe..that doesn't belongs to u?lol Please give the humble paper clip some RESPECT!
Do u know:

"The modern paper clip was patented on November 9, 1899 to William D. Middlebrook of Waterbury, Connecticut. Middlebrook invented not just the paper clip but he also invented a machine to produce the paper clip. Cushman and Denison purchased the Middlebrook patent in 1899. That same year Cushman and Denison also trademarked the name "GEM" for their new paper clip."
http://www.ideafinder.com/history/inventions/paperclip.htm

Last year, I was invited to a eCommerce seminar..there were about 150 participants. Good thing the trainer was interesting enuff a speaker. He started off getting all participants to form a group of four each. And we were given 3 mins to come up with as many ideas as possible on: What else can u do with the simple paper clip? Enthusiasm hit the roof literally...because of the $50 carrot..lol The winning team came up with really outrageous suggestions: dig your ear, hair clip, tie clip, open a safe,clip dollar notes, earrings, weapon...etc
But if you are Kyle Macdonald...think out of the box and turn the little piece of metal (barely 1 inch long) into an international celebrity..almost. And make sure the colour is RED!
"...I am making a series of up-trades for bigger or better things up to my goal of a house. I started with one red paperclip on July 12th, 2005."
I bet many people laughed their heads off then..."What a stupid idea!"
Do you know to date...he has traded a fish pen (first item)...which begat a door knob..which begat a stove...which begat a generator....etc and the latest item traded..listen carefully: ONE YEAR IN PHOENIX (USA)..rent free in a furnished apartment. I believe in no time he will realised his dream house....Reading his adventures makes u feel good and deep down in your heart, there's this rekindled spirit that reminds u once again that if u DARE TO DREAM..NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/

By the way, I have a yellow paper clip...anyone interested to trade? My ultimate goal is an apartment at the PALM ISLANDS..lol If you have any brlliant idea(s)..do share with us here ok?

10 Comments:

Blogger junebee said...

That is coincidental because yesterday I was given a big red plastic paper clip at the grocery store. It was in a clearance basket and had no price on it so the cashier gave it to me for free since I shop there all the time.

I was going to use it to clip credit card receipts together till the bill comes. Maybe I should trade it for a doorknob instead!

I have used a regular paper clip to put a key on when I had no keyring.

10:22 PM

 
Blogger Dry Gin Martini said...

To be honest it makes me feel like ass. And I admit it's jealousy, and also a kind of disappointment at the proof that some people can have it so easy just by sweet talk and propaganda while others have to work so hard in their life to get anywhere. Would I take the house for a paperclip if I were him? You bet your ass I would, but unfortunately he thought of it first. Good for him I guess... oh well back to the grinder.

11:13 PM

 
Blogger Raheel Lakhani said...

I have a silver one.. wanna trade =P

lolz I butchered the concept so badly.. evil me!!

2:00 AM

 
Blogger black feline said...

balushi...hope u go to jail..lol
junebee...lucky u...next time ask for cash instead....lol
lebanese canadian...thanks for dropping by...u are right..i was jealous too...even the paper clips are laughing at me now..i think.
raheel...hope your silver clip will be another biz idea for u..lol
Ruben...are u in Basic Instinct 2 with Sharon Stone? I thought it was an ice pick? lol

5:13 AM

 
Blogger San Nakji said...

That's funny, I have a house on the Palms I am looking to trade for a blue paperclip. Yellow just won't do, sorry!

I think this guy is brilliant. It is really what the internet is all about. Wonderful!

1:28 AM

 
Blogger black feline said...

nakji..u better be prepared...im quite sure blue paper clip is not a problem at all...lol

6:19 AM

 
Blogger Crystal said...

I have mixed emotions about the paperclip for house scheme. The idea is really brilliant and the publicity sure ain't hurting his cause, but gosh, it just seems so ridiculous and unfair that he could "get something for nothing".

7:02 PM

 
Blogger black feline said...

crystal..what to do? we live in an imperfect world...my mum always reminded me to look at all my fingers " long, short and ugly" when I told her of unfairness..i hate her for that..lol

8:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like to put paperclips on my nipples

5:29 AM

 
Blogger black feline said...

anonymous...thats not new really..it's already trendy to actually PIERCED your nipples with metal rings...will u like to try that? lol

6:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home