Friday, June 15, 2007

Hochiminh City, Vietnam



I will be off to Vietnam for a couple of weeks....business cum a bit of leisure.
Will definitely try out some of the restaurants he reccommended on his blog...and revisit Qbar...hopefully it is still as cool. My biggest desire is to meet my god-brother Viet whom i lose contact with for a few years now. He was barely 10 when i met him one fateful night in Ho Chi Minh City...working as a shoe-shine boy for a mere US$1 per day! To cut the long story short...I enrolled him for an english course in an American school. The last i heard from him...he was doing well...working in a cafe...speaking good english.

6 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Now I envy you! Vietnam for a couple of weeks!

Incidentally I talk on my blog today about a trip I made to Vietnam. I loved it!!!

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

BF,

Good on you going to Vietnam.
Hope u can also find time for your 2 friends in the little red dot.
- Pit Terrier

3:36 AM

 
Blogger Cergie said...

These so beautiful dresses, in China they are almost the same not exactly
The chinese ones are weared without trousers and are less opened on the side

I have those of my mother they are silk tissue made. My mother was so thin. When I have one of her dress on my, I must not breathe !

I hope you will enjoy your stay in vitnam

I was born in Saïgon (Ho Chi Minh city)

4:11 PM

 
Blogger junebee said...

Cool, two writers of blogs I read meeting up! I have learned alot about Vietnam from reading Tu's blog.

That's so good of you to take your god-brother under your wing. Hope he's doing better.

8:38 PM

 
Blogger di.di said...

Chào anh....

wah..2-in-1.. I hope you have a pleasant business cum a bit of leisure trip to Vietnam!!

10:43 AM

 
Blogger San Nakji said...

Wow, Vietnam. I would love to go there! It is where all the cool Kiwis are going... I am obviously not one :(

What a great thing you did for that boy. A whole side to you I didn't know about!

1:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home