Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Are You Nut??????


Every morning...without fail...I will sashay along the walkway...with my trolley bag in tow ...at the same time making sure those wheels are not stained by irritating bird's poo.... into my favorite sanctuary(starbucks) for a cup of piping hot, highly addictive, black coffee....no sugar.
This morning as usual..8am sharp...found my favorite red sofa with a great view thru the shopfront glass panel. "Hmmmm...nice coffee!"
Suddenly..."What the heck is that???" Rubbing my eyes...the coffee affecting my vision? or "Am i seeing things????"
He was literally sitting on one of the busiest streets in Bur Dubai! A group of students stopped by and advised him to get up, I supposed. He looked up and answered nonchalantly (from my seat, it was kind of muted but thank God, I read lips!): "Mind your own f#*king business!" I might be wronged...lol
Everyday..in Dubai...there will be people complaining incessantly about the thousand and one traffic problems and reckless drivers from hell...etc What's new?
On a flip side...they are also many walking time bombs...pedestrians who think they are " Master of the road". Sadly, many got killed for their ignorance.
Thirty minutes later....sanity prevailed. He picked himself up...dusted his butts...and simply walked away.

11 Comments:

Blogger San Nakji said...

Sometimes living in a high paced capitalist paradise like Dubai can get to you I guess... :(

6:49 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

He's might just too bored with regular normal daily life!!! Or just like to sitting there "why do I need a reason to do something?" Or might lose his mind living in such country! can be anything..

10:56 AM

 
Blogger Cergie said...

I notice often person running close near cars instead than in a wood or a park, and I believe that they like smelling petrol and echappemnt gaz
They are drug addict I think

You never drink your coffee at home ?

11:45 AM

 
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Sounds like this person was at his breaking point. That's a bad state to be in and I hope I never see it. Well, at least not in a negative way.

11:52 PM

 
Blogger Martel said...

Thank you for your passage on my blog on my town of Martel. I like much your photographs of the horse-gear.

my blog photographs on Martel

5:51 PM

 
Blogger Peter said...

I'm happy he made it. I guess this was not some kind of bargain, like driving on the wrong side of the motorway and similar studpid things which sometimes have been in fashion.

Very interesting to visit your site for the first time. I will be back!

2:03 PM

 
Blogger junebee said...

Someone doing that in Florida would be arrested if they weren't first killed being struck by a car.

8:23 PM

 
Blogger Peter said...

Thanks for your comments on Marie Antoinette on my blog. There is an answer, if you want to have a look.

9:49 PM

 
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

"Master of the road".

I found that funny.

Nothing like pedestrian arrogance... or the madness of taxi cabs, for that matter.

12:38 AM

 
Blogger black feline said...

in Dubai...there are many stories of people who just snapped...today, an indian was found hanging from a ceiling fan in Sharjah (just 30 mins from Dubai)...he was here for 2 yrs...:(

10:12 AM

 
Blogger Zhanna said...

Carelessness, recklessness, not leaving enough space between cars, loud music and the use of mobile phones are the main reasons of the traffic situation.
I wish government paid more attention not to developing Dubai property constructions, but to the real problems.
The increase in the number of cars and the city's infrastructure, which has not changed to suit the developments happening in Dubai. Also, road construction and the unexpected speed bumps that appear and disappear overnight.

3:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home