Monday, January 29, 2007

Hangover anyone?
















Nursing a cold? a late night out? jet lag? or just feeling lousy? A wonderful place to visit...is the Bastikiya Art Cafe. One of my favorite haunts in Dubai for a quiet morning outing...especially during this time of the year. The weather is crispy cold (about 13 degree) in the morning. Bring along a book...order a light breakfast and no coffee.....yes no piping hot coffee! An icy glass of moroccan mint/lemon tea will definitely knock the socks out of you! Thank God the resident mascot...an impish feline is still around. Hopefully, she stays indoor for a while.
Shortly the lady boss sashay(ed) in with her usual regal air....and stayed at the balcony overlooking the courtyard for a while...munching a piece of bread...:) It's like watching a performance from where I was seated...alone.








10 Comments:

Blogger Yazan said...

totally off topic..
I'm reading Istanbul right now.. brilliant...

but ur version says "Momories of a city" mine says "Memories and the City" wierd!!

6:23 PM

 
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

I wish that I could visit. It sounds like a wonderful place. Good to see you! :)

12:05 AM

 
Blogger San Nakji said...

It looks very nice. I love the whole European / Middle Eastern cafe thing. It's very civilised!

6:46 AM

 
Blogger black feline said...

yazan...i love his books...very insightful...I was in Turkey for a month...Istanbul is like an old dame...but charming..the scenes and scents..very arresting!
stephen...not difficult...pack a small luggage and off u go..i bet you will also be inspired by all..to write more thought provoking poems..:)

7:54 AM

 
Blogger black feline said...

nakji...do make a trip here to discover the old souk of dubai..fascinating place...interesting characters out of the comic books.lol..cloak and dagger stuff...hahahahah

7:55 AM

 
Blogger di.di said...

i'll be in dubai on the 24th Feb... only for transit for few long hours.. i might want to try it out... :O

9:38 AM

 
Blogger GYPSY GIRL said...

Oh Bastakiya Cafe, I've been wanting to go there for sometime - both the gallery and the cafe actually but never seem to have made it!

I'll have to make a special effort to get down there next week. Good to see that it's a good place to read a book or just people watch!

6:38 PM

 
Blogger junebee said...

With that sort of cold, I would definitely have to have a cup of coffee! I like the architecture. So unique.

10:08 PM

 
Blogger Cergie said...

Do me think at the Great Mosque in Paris where it is so fine having a mint tea with some cakes or better one or two pieces of Turkish delights...

What a surprise ! What are you interrested about just now ? What is the tittle of the book you were reading ?

You know dear Black Feline, it's because I know you are my friend and you are abble to understand me that I can wait and read your new posts when I am the most quiet
I don't want to hurry up when I visit you
I don't do so with anybody

Have a good journey
Je t'embrasse

Cergie

1:57 PM

 
Blogger Tainted Female said...

You know BF... Once upon a time, I displayed my paintings in the gallery next to it. Not Majelis, but Local House (which is now a restaurant, I believe). I agree with you. Bastikiya Art Cafe is a fantastic little place to spend a morning.

8:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home