Thursday, October 19, 2006

Designed With People In Mind


Recently the company ordered this similar rubbish chute from Singapore for the Jumeirah Tower project. No...it's not for residential use! They are installed on building under construction for the sole purpose of removing debris from each floor. In Dubai, the common sight is the yellow one from France called Haemmerlin (I think)....simple technology but pretty good money!
What am I doing with this screaming chute? ya sure...taking a free slide down from the 36th floor....that's why I was stucked in there for a couple of weeks!
Actually, one of the engineers ordered and invited me to view the installation on site. I had a good laugh...not from the beautiful chutes but the tagline: DESIGNED WITH PEOPLE IN MIND What on earth does that mean? I think it's an honest faux paux...lol

Seriously if you are still scratching your head...have anyone seen this chute before?

9 Comments:

Blogger Cergie said...

I asked to my husband, he said: that's a *descendeur de gravat* to carry safely the rubble from the high of the building when working.
The shape allows to fit the items together. And so, it's possible to range the pipe without loosing too much place.

I'm so happy you manage to escape the trap, black feline, I was really missing you.

2:33 PM

 
Blogger halfmanhalfbeer said...

BF: perhaps all high rise buildings in Dubai should install one as a cheap but effective fire escape chute!

HMHB

3:11 PM

 
Blogger Tainted Female said...

Garbage? Trash? This is your topic of choice?

3:59 AM

 
Blogger black feline said...

well3...look who's here? my former employer..tell me what's not trashy in the blogsphere?..lol
my beery fellow..good idea..will talk to the developer of the Bur Dubai Tower project..they might need a long one...i mean the escape chute...
my comrade cergie...one day...we might try the slide together..lol

8:34 AM

 
Blogger Brew808 said...

Never seen this type of design, but when you mentioned Haemmerlin , as far as I can recall, their the biggest manufacturer of wheelbarrows in London....lol..

8:48 PM

 
Blogger black feline said...

on 2nd thought..it makes sense now..this thing was designed with you Baluchi in mind..lol

brew808....how's your search for leila coming along? yes...wheelbarrows too...lol

4:36 AM

 
Blogger Brew808 said...

Well, no success on Laila. But that's ok. Who knows, one day she might appear like a genie in a bottle. (Wasn't that a title of a song?)...LOL... At least now I have met a new friend "you" :) Thanks for the accomodation. Oh well was a busy day today. So many paper works, but hey as the saying goes "Job security"....It's getting cold now as fall has set upon us and I love it, the leaves are turning gold(actually they're drying out)...hahaha and the colors are so magical.

9:48 AM

 
Blogger Cergie said...

Oh, no thank you, black feline, that's not for me: I'm not a cat !

8:36 PM

 
Blogger San Nakji said...

I was thinking escape chute too! We don't really do tall building here, so I don't think we would have something like this. I like the colour though!

1:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home