Saturday, April 07, 2007

Witch of Portobello






Mr. Paulo Coelho, the renowned author of "The Alchemist" will be in Dubai on the 8-9 April to launch his new book.
The Arab cover is a bit boring i think. Much prefer the US cover.


My first encounter with "The Alchemist" was frustrating to say the least. I thought it was pretentious. I shelved it half way through. Then, by a stroke of luck, i packed it on my trip here last year. The thing about such book is you must read it in an unrushed manner. Full of profound gems. Love it. Hopefully, the new material is just as inspiring.


















4 Comments:

Blogger San Nakji said...

I still think it's pretentious!

3:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a masterpiece that reaches you when you need.

8:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think it's light reading then. To cease the pressure of traveling, read a lifestyle magazine.

11:50 AM

 
Blogger Cergie said...

I already read a book of this author "la cinquuième mntagne"(A quinta montana)
It wqas a long time ago
I'm unable to remember of it
Shame on me !

6:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home