Sunday, May 06, 2007

Ponies or Bees?










I am a purist for certain things. Imagine my horror when I accidentally stepped into a quirky looking amusement corner (too small to be called a park or centre) at the Deira City Centre. Frankly, the place is pretty uber cool...." Is that a merry go round?" "...with zombie looking bees??????????" Yuk! Where are the ponies?
Is like having an environmental friendly tree for Christmas...using recylced cans, bottles...etc ..it just will not do. A fake tree is perfectly ok...my acceptable standard.

Coming back to those ugly bees...they do not move up and down mechanically..i saw some poor kids rocking themselves manually...lol

Anyway, i remember vividly when i was a kid ..back home we have a couple of amusement parks then ...and during the Chinese New Year season..a trip to such places with friends was THE EVENT! The roller coaster ride, the ghost train etc...and of course the merry go round...with ponies....simple pleasure! Alas, they have to make way for tall commercial buildings..in the name of modernisation.

Just my luck...I was at the newly opened Sahara Mall...in Sharjah yesterday. And at the amusement centre (they actually have a mini roller coaster inside with silly school girls and boys screaming their heads off!), I spotted the real McCoy!...Yes...the merry go round with ponies!
The thing about merry go round..it is timeless and magical..and perhaps even therapeutic..it never fails to put a smile on your face...even if you are just watching it goes...round and round and round and round.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz



























4 Comments:

Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

I agree. The music and the merry-go-round alone would put a smile on my face. Nice. :)

6:10 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the word "..Zombi looking bees!!" hahaha Come on, they are cute! ;-) I bet when you were kid you will think the same!;-) Of course! ponies one would look familiar with old same memory..you're right!

8:04 PM

 
Blogger San Nakji said...

I always hated merry-go-rounds as a kid, I could never see the point. However as I get older I think I am beginning to 'get' them.

Sorry to say, I like the furutistic one!

4:26 AM

 
Blogger Cergie said...

How weird are the bees !
If they are able to fly it is interesting, but I'm afraid they are not
When I waqs a kid, I preferd the merry go round having planes going up and down. It was more pleasant that only going around at the same level

5:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home