Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A wonderful time......in Vietnam










The exhibition was a success...and i managed to sneak out during one of the days...to visit beautiful Vung Tau...about 3 hrs from Ho Chi Minh City by car...on a good day. It was raining cats and d#$gs along the way...but stopped upon our arrival.
The client brought us to a nice seafood restaurant by the sea. We had a fantastic lunch....fresh seafood with a few cans of Heneiken thrown in.
The steamed fish...big enuff for a banquet. And the local way of eating it....using a rice paper...put in bits of the meat...add in slices of chilli, spring onion...wrap the whole thing the "origami" way...and before putting into the mouth....dip some fish sauce...yummy! And look at those huge clams! For that sumptous meal.....including 4 more dishes..it's less than US$25 (total) for 4 persons. Definitely a steal! So how are you.. my friends? I am flying back to Dubai on the 4th July 2007...perfect date.








5 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Thanks for showing us this, but at the same time it "hurts" somehow!! You already know how much I loved to visit Vietnam - and the food there! If I did not have family and friends here, I believe I would be prepared to move.

12:17 PM

 
Blogger Maryam in Marrakesh said...

It all sounds delicious and I absolutely adore Vietnam too!

3:25 PM

 
Blogger junebee said...

Wow, what beautiful food. Glad you had a nice time.

8:49 PM

 
Blogger Cergie said...

I believe than Vietnamese dishes are the best in the world
Every body try to cook the same
For instance in China, I have a Cambodgian neighbour who cooks Vietnamese specialities too.

12:38 AM

 
Blogger San Nakji said...

I love the way Vietnamese eat! The rice paper thing is a wonderful idea. Like an Eastern Taco :)

1:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home