Thursday, August 04, 2005

Beware of snakes!


doing fine...
Originally uploaded by 2OONE.
Snakes are everywhere here in Dubai! Wait a minute..before u throw stones and cry foul..hear my sad tale.

Today, got a local manpower agent to supply 15 workers for the site. They came early in the morning for the safety orientation/security pass processing. Prior to that, I have collected copies of the workers' passports, visas and labour cards. Checked thoroughly and submitted to the main contractor for processing.

It was found out they have doctored 13 of the workers' documents. How? they actually used photos of the workers and pasted them on the documents of other workers.

When I confronted them..horror of horrors..no signs of remorsement..absolutely no shame..tried to explain everyone is doing it here..promised to supply bona fide workers to replace asap..I terminated the contract immediately..because the entire conversation was done via phone..i missed the chance to bash their stupid faces against a burning hot wall just down the road of bur dubai!

Leeson learnt: Next time, make sure to check the actual documents.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering what kind of job are you doing there? you are a manpower coordinator also?????!!!!! I was amazed......

Tell you what, I might visit you in December, not so hot at that time, once I confirm the leave, I'll let you know and most important, hope you'll remember what you had promised before....

8:07 AM

 
Blogger black feline said...

seow meng fei,

a promise is a promise..and not necessary in this part of the world..got the hint?

11:05 AM

 
Blogger black feline said...

seow meng fei,

a promise is a promise..and not necessary in this part of the world..got the hint?

11:05 AM

 
Blogger black feline said...

seow meng fei,

there are many things i have to handle...including tying a thick rope round your neck!

2:00 PM

 
Blogger BrainSyke said...

Oh, yea those poor workers. Wonder what makes them do it? survival? cheating never goet one anywhere further for sure. getting a a lot of snakes during excavation?

5:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Help!!!!!!!!!!! wong SEOW wee want to kill me!!!!!!!! I'm so scared!!!!!!!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!! you sounds like Willy Wonka but you still have a lot of grooming to do....... me? I'm charlie of course.....

7:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wong SEOW wee,

What do you think about my December trip? do you think this is the right time to go there? or earlier than that is better? you will come back at that time, am I right?

I have checked through the Dubai immigration department website, there is no visa required for Malaysia passport holder, and maybe I'll try to get a job there,(any job will do, designer, waiter, bartender etc).....

7:30 AM

 
Blogger BrainSyke said...

Ouch! LOL

1:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home