Thursday, July 26, 2007

For The President







Dear President Nakji,
Your wish is my command...
This morning, I braved the heat to do some field reportings on the latest development of the modern day "Tower of Babel" in Dubai....just for you...our dear President. (http://sannakji.blogspot.com/) Only one word though..AWESOME! (and take a good look at the Metro taking shape near the main road)



"At 512.1 metres (1,680 feet), Burj Dubai has become the world's tallest tower.
Burj Dubai, being developed by Emaar Properties, is now taller than Taipei 101 in Taiwan, which at 508 metres had been the tallest building in the world since it opened in 2004. Burj Dubai has now reached 141 levels - more storeys than any other building in the world.
On schedule for completion in 2008, Burj Dubai will be the tallest structure in the world in all four criteria listed by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. The council measures height to the structural top, the highest occupied floor, to the top of the roof, and to the tip of the spire, pinnacle, antenna, mast or flag pole.


By the way, Mr. President..i have reserved the suite unit for you on the 190th floor..please TT the down payment of US2.5 mil to my personal account asap
Humbly yours,
Black Feline

7 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

I don't really know what to say! It certainly is very impressive by all means! I know you have the intention to become the centre of the world!

12:43 AM

 
Blogger San Nakji said...

Thank you young reporter. I shall wire you the money shortly :)

As I was crossing the Auckland harbour this morning I was looking at our tallest building (Sky Tower, the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere) When Al Burj is finished it will be more than twice the size of our tower... I just can't even imagine it! The strange thing about this tower too is that there don't seem to be any other buildings around it. How surreal. Can't wait to move in!

Thank you so much! :)

1:42 AM

 
Blogger di.di said...

Takes me back to the day I was in Dubai many moons ago and my sister told me that the Trade Centre as "the tallest erection in Dubai"

12:05 PM

 
Blogger ninjacamel said...

As a matter of fact there are lots of buildings around it, commercial and residential, including a mega mall that (again) is planned to be the largest in the world!

12:05 PM

 
Blogger junebee said...

Ack! I don't like that last picture, it looks like it's falling over!

2:23 PM

 
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

One day I would love to visit. There is so much to see in the world. Thanks for sharing this.

4:49 AM

 
Blogger Cergie said...

That's really great !
I like how you must frame the tower and yet you not even managed to have it enterely in your picture !
When I was in Shangaï, there are so many high buildings too and i ever wonder haw it may be possible to live and work so far from our dear earth...

I can notice one more time how the sky is beautifully and lightly blue
In china it was also so grey. It was because of the pollution mist... Every body seems to be accustomed of that...

11:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home