Friday, September 07, 2007

Doing the Hump...




Do not think dirty...the hump is actually sand dune bashing! I did it 3 times b4...all during winters. This time around...during the hot summer. If you are visiting Dubai for the very first time, it is a MUST to do the desert safari on a 4WD. Fun, fun, fun...all the way.
There were 8 of us in the car...one Ethopian father with his 2 lovely daughters, an indian couple (a fat aunty with her pompous looking hubby), 2 noisy iranian guys and myself.
Along the way...we took pictures with the menacing falcon..for a mere 5 Dhm.
The iranian guys were arguing loudly..in farsi..I think. Luckily, I was given the best seat...besides the driver.
Soon we approached the dunes...the real fun started. Lots of screaming and laughter. 15 mins later...
" Stop! STOP! STOP! " the fat aunty wailed.
"I can't take it anymore! I want to vomit!"
Instead of comforting the poor lady, the idiotic husband was shouting at her.
"SHUT UP! Shame on you!" he screamed at her. I was trying to control my laughter. The driver stopped several times for her to throw up until our final destination...a barbecue dinner in the middle of the desert. The night closed with lots of crazy dancing led by a voluptuous belly dancer. The iranian guys invited me to their hotel for more fun..Part 2.
"We eating, drinking, lancing and enjoy...hahahahahahahahahahaha!"

5 Comments:

Blogger di.di said...

it's on my list of things to do before I die, man... the dessert safari in a 4WD and camping... arghh...

I'm so jealous of you right now!

11:10 AM

 
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Sounds like an interesting time. :)

1:13 AM

 
Blogger San Nakji said...

I go away for a few weeks and you get up to all this? Wow... My two favourite places in this world are the desert and the Antarctic wasteland. I have only briefly been to the desert, I would love to do what you did. I am so jealous!

7:55 AM

 
Blogger Manoj Payodhy said...

hallo plse send me details to go for a dessert safari through oasis, can i get its tel.no.ur story is really fascinating!

7:26 AM

 
Blogger black feline said...

sure...let's do it together..im dying to see who will throw up first...lol...

Manoj...there are many agencies doing such tour...however u might want to contact Vienna Tours...good service I think...at 04 2688894...good luck!

7:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home