Friday, December 14, 2007

Be Happy...

She's doing indoor sales at the Deira City Centre. Her best selling item is the "outfit" she has to put on daily...for at least 8 hours. It is actually a blow-up camel and it gives the impression you are riding on it once u put it on.
" I am very happy putting on this outfit...EVERYDAY!" she exclaimed proudly. She has an infectious smile.
" Really? Sorry but I feel bad for you."
" Why? I am able to make both the adults and kids happy. They take pictures with me. It's ok if they don't buy." Again the smile.

Mohammed has a barbershop just 5 mins from Musallah Tower (my residence). The other day, I accompanied a friend who wanted a haircut....
"I have lived in Dubai and works in this shop for the past 25 yrs."
"Beginning, we were the only shop but now many shops here and there."
"Wow! you must have seen history in the making. On the average u trimmed 15 heads per day...so for 25 yrs...that works out to 130,000 heads!!!!!!!!!!!" He smiled and took out a little blue booklet where he keeps a simple accounting.
"Are u happy here?"
"YES! and I will be retiring in 2 yrs time...going home to India."
ANY GUESS WHAT'S THE GADGET ON HIS HAND?

7 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Always nice to see HAPPY people! No, I have no idea about the gadget! I trust you will give the answer! Once more, happy to see that you have again become a (very) active blogger! Nice weekend!

2:03 PM

 
Blogger Squirrel said...

ouch--what is that?

11:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Esasy! "the Hair Remover".. he is a barber ne??!! ;-)

Glad to see you write again! Cheers

11:01 AM

 
Blogger black feline said...

peter..thanks for your support..i will be popping by shortly
squirrel...love your blog!
kanlaya...how r u? No the answer is wrong...lol...try again..it's a brilliant gadget from japan..so far he claimed to be the only one using it!

9:40 AM

 
Blogger di.di said...

a mini massager?

10:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

doing fine actually ..thank you :-) the weather is fantastic..help us(Dubai People) feel more relax..

Ohh I cannot guess then..if it not what I thought!:-) but really like what Drama Div@'s guess! hehe..

2:10 PM

 
Blogger Noushy Syah said...

Hi Feline..

Blog hopping from Peter's...you have a nice blog,somethign different to read... I would definitely come again. Take care yea.

Happy holidays,merry x-mas and happy new year.

5:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home