Friday, September 14, 2007

Better than Barbie Dolls...





I love "No Frills" airport. The newly opened Tan Son Nhat International Airport, Vietnam is a good example. For a start, checking in and out is a bliss. At least the immigration officers do not ask stupid questions such as: "What are you doing here?", "Why the photo not same?", "What you give me?"...etc In addition, they do not ask you to remove your shoes, belt, laptop...and mobile, keys, coins in a separate basket....etc Once in Singapore...I was informed to check in 3 hours earlier on the eve of my departure because some "high flying" ministers will be on board. On the actual day...we have two thorough search by over-zealous officers. Once was at the checking in counter...they opened up ALL your bags...going thru EVERY items within. Next...at the waiting area...another round of humiliating assault.
While waiting for my flight...I had a cuppa at the cafe. "A brilliant idea to showcase the local handicrafts!" I thought. One feet tall figurines were placed on tables depicting the locals engaging in different trades. They look real...better than airhead Barbie Dolls!

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

So, have you now replaced some of your Barbies,

3:09 AM

 
Blogger San Nakji said...

As many awards as Changi Airport gets, I have never liked it that much. Maybe Tan Son Nhat is more my kind of airport?

Thanks for being a faithful visitor to my site :)

8:03 AM

 
Blogger di.di said...

i think you wont get so much trouble in our KLIA too...

10:39 AM

 
Blogger Cergie said...

I would like to have o,ne on my table.
Does it also do the washing and the cooking ?

When we came back from china, in wa very difficult even for us French to enter in France at Roissy charles de Gaulle Airport

Yesterday my husband came back from England and it was exactly the same. It needed a very long time and a long quiew. What a pitty !

5:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home