Tuesday, December 27, 2005

"Something light...Please!!!!"


The plead came from a friend on Boxing Day. I smiled..for two straight days/nights, he was feasting like a stuffed turkey. I reminded him wickedly the New Year is just around the corner..lol.He frowned.
Imagine eleven months of regimental routine...eating right, regular exercising..etc to maintain a nice bod with at least 4 packs...all thrown out the window within a week. As for me, it is no secret, I eat like a rabbit and furthermore Im not much a meat person.. by choice (lots of veggies, fruits, steamed fish and chicken)..therefore I do not have problem at all...mainly because I don't fancy such goodies..well..maybe just a bit..but logcake or what have you..is definitely no no.
The weather in Dubai is extremely hot..the appetite is normally not there...drink lots of water..eat light..the Mediterranean diet is the best..olive oil, vegs salad, grilled salmon or tuna..with a dash of seasalt, black pepper..a glass of orange juice..voila! u have a perfect meal! My colleagues, most of them, will get sick at least once every 3 weeks. Frankly, not me since DAY 01 in Dubai..not even a sneeze!
shhhhhhh...tell u a little secret..they love my salad..there must be a big bowl for every dinner!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why not share your salad recipe with us? :P

well. if your friend is constantly doing his workouts, indulgence is not a problem. in fact, eating more will increase metabolic rate. in my opinion, if one has cravings, better to give in than to bottle up and then explode and eat without brake later, it'll be worse.. don't you think??

blackrose

6:14 PM

 
Blogger black feline said...

hi,

The problem with my friend...he can put on weight rather easily..esp too much carbo..maybe his metabolic rate is not high as compared to others..so burning off the extra is uphill.
Yes, maybe i might..once in awhile incl good and healthy recipes here.

6:32 PM

 
Blogger Crystal said...

It seems like EVERYBODY from my office is getting sick, dropping off row by row, and I only got over this ragged cold (it lingered nearly 2wks) last week. I hear that taking a vitamin with vinc in it cuts the recovery time by 3-5 days. I wish I could eat healthier, but cooking a meal takes time so I'm more likely to grab something on the go.

7:54 AM

 
Blogger black feline said...

hi,

hope u get well soon..I was wondering why no new postings from u ..thought u went away!

11:00 AM

 
Blogger San Nakji said...

don't they do a good lamb there in Dubai? Yummy!

5:37 PM

 
Blogger black feline said...

hi,

u are right..actually based on my blood type (dadamo diet)..lamb is best for me..unfortunately..i don't like the taste and strong smell

6:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home